Saturday, March 13

Starting to think about getting a second dog


Since we lost our Staffie, Daisy, last August, I haven't been able to think about getting another dog to be a companion for our English bull terrier cross, Mabel. But I'm starting to consider the idea now, though the pain of loss is still incredibly raw.

I love Staffordshire bull terriers, and wish we could get another dog from the same Australian bloodline as Daisy. Her temperament was excellent: pure love for us, with an indomitable spirit when the occasion required. This is Daisy (top right) as a pup with her siblings, and a shot of her mother, Shari.

If you're not a dog lover, there will be more motorsickles along soon!

5 comments:

Davey Riot said...

I have an english staffy and know the feeling. Amazing dogs.

Anonymous said...

hey mate come for a visit, I'll put you up and you can take a new friend home.....anonymous works, praise be!

tiptopdadddy said...

Lots of rescue dogs need adoption!

CycleDelicCycles said...

Go for it... you know you'll love it. I've never met a staffy that wasnt awesome. I have 2 staffies, a 13yo male and an 8yo female, and my parents just got one after being around mine throughout the years. I know that you cant replace a lost dog; but theres another one out there looking for "the good life" with somebody like you. Best of luck!

magua said...

Go for it, what's the worse that can happen more happiness!