Wednesday, January 13

How many bike lifts is that?

This is the third bike lift I've bought (cheap crap off Ebay) because every time we move countries I sell this kind of stuff off (too heavy to ship) then have to replace it all over again...

Pete gave me some bars that will work great for the project... but they need about two inches taking out of the middle, and two either end... all fine... until I realised I no longer have a workbench, vice, MIG or anything other than my tools. I don't even have those pieces of round stock, sheet steel and little bits and bobs you keep around the workshop that come in so useful at a time like this. Damn... I wish we could settle down somewhere.

2 comments:

Simon Watts said...

You'll never believe this but I feel your pain. I was actually pricing bike lifts today for exactly the same bloody reason.

tiptopdadddy said...

Dont y'all have Harbor Freight or Wholesale Tool type stores that sell cut rate tools, mostly made in China stuff? I have a lot of luck with flea markets, garage sales, Craig's list, etc. Never pay full retail for tools, save your money for parts!!!